Leonard P. Blair
Eternal rest grant unto
them, O Lord
Archbishop Blair's Homily
at the Chrism Mass 2014
FOR MORE INTENSITY IN YOUR LIFE?
God may be calling you
to the priesthood
or consecrated life.
Director, 860-242-5573, ext. 7456.
As of October 17, 2014:
% of Goal: 117.66%
Donate to Annual Appeal.
More on Annual Appeal.
About Planned Giving
MESSAGE FROM ARCHBISHOP BLAIR
In his exhortation Evangelii Gaudium Pope Francis tells us that “reason alone is sufficient to recognize the inviolable value of each single human life.” “The defense of the unborn,” he writes “is closely linked to the defense of each and every other human right” (no. 213). Many people advocate abortion in the false belief that there are no absolute standards of moral truth to guide human action, that one person can destroy another—even a mother her child—because of overriding rights over the powerless. Yet the reality is that the life of every single person from conception until natural death is infinitely valuable in the sight of God. In the words of another Pope, Benedict XVI: “We are not some casual and meaningless product of evolution…each of us is the result of a thought of God. Each of us is willed, each of us is loved, each of us is necessary.” During the 40 Days for Life may we rededicate ourselves to working and praying for respect for life.
Rev. Steven C. Boguslawski, O.P., appointed to Vicar General of the Archdiocese of Hartford, in addition to his duties as Moderator of the Curia, effective October 6, 2014.
JUBILARIANS HONORED AT MASS FOR RELIGIOUS more>
LETTER FROM CONNECTICUT BISHOPS ON IMMIGRATION more>
ARCHBISHOP BLAIR ASKS FOR PRAYERS FOR PEACE IN IRAQ more>
USCCB PRESIDENT ASKS URGENT PRAYER FOR PEACE
Archbishop Kurtz Joins Pope Francis in Calling for Prayers, Action for Peace in Middle East, Ukraine, Africa, Central America
USCCB COMMITTEE ON MIGRATION
USCCB Committee Chairman Calls on President Obama, Central American Presidents To Protect Children and Families
RELIGIOUS LIBERTY MORE on this critical issue>
THE CATHOLIC TRANSCRIPT NEWS
- Sep. 24-Nov. 2. 40 Days for Life
- Tue. Oct. 21. Social Justice Dinner & Awards at the Aqua Turf, Plantsville. You are invited. Details
- Sat. Oct. 25. CT Catholic Men's Conference. Details
- Sun. Oct. 26. St. Francis of Assisi Church, Naugatuck, Third Annual Communion Breakfast for ladies. Details
- Tue. Oct. 28. Fundraiser to benefit the Malta House of Care mobile medical clinic. Details
- Fri. Oct. 31. Blessing and re-opening of St. Gerard’s Center for Life at 9 a.m. Call 860-257-1021 for information.
- Sat. Nov. 1. Toussaint/Tolton Awards Banquet. Details
- Sat. Nov. 1. Emmaus Ministry sponsors: Retreat Day for Grieving Parents at St. Patrick-St. Anthony in Hartford. Details
- Sat. Nov. 1. Lector Workshop by Office for Divine Worship, St. Thomas Seminary, Bloomfield. Details
- Nov. 2-9. National Vocation Awareness Week. Details
- Nov. 3, 6, 8, 13. Physician Assisted Suicide Fall Information Sessions. Details
- Sun. Nov. 9. "Becoming a Eucharistic People - We Become What We Do" Afternoon Reflection at St. Peter Church, Torrington. Details
Archbishop Blair is on Twitter!